Blog Archive

Friday, March 18, 2011

The indecision of my guilt

So now that I've decided where I'm going to attend college, (www.letu.edu), I have to go about the ugly business of notifying the other universities that I just wasted eight months of their admission counselor's time.

I'm sure they're used it, it's probably rather narcissistic of me to think they even care, but I still feel guilty.

One of my admissions counselor's called today about registering for classes. I've been procrastinating on the notification process, but I really couldn't any longer, so I let her know. She then offered to transfer the call to the honors department so I could notify them over the phone. Over the phone? Never! I just about died as I tried to explain to her that I would just email them, that she really didn't need to transfer me, and um, yes, I guess it's just a bad time. After getting out of that sticky situation, I sat down down to write my email. Of course I edited those five sentences one hundred times and agonized over every syllable.

I'm sure they won't look at it twice, but I'm terribly afraid they'll think I purposely wasted their time! I'm probably being really silly. Maybe I should have put this off until after spring break. When you're busy guilt is a luxury you can't afford. And now, after writing this out, I feel utterly silly.

More blog posts to follow soon. I refuse to comment on my five month sabbatical.

No comments: